What Are Your Options?



Chapter 7:  If you owe more than you can liquidate your debt by retaining us to file Chapter 7.

Chapter 13:  If you have money but not sufficient to pay all your bills, we can create a payment plan through the court, which will prevent creditors from seizing your assets.


Collection Letter:- Contact us to negotiate debt on your behalf.

Collection Lawsuit: Contact us upon receipt of the lawsuit so we can interpose an answer on your behalf.

Failure to Answer Lawsuit:  A judgment will be entered against you and your check will be garnished as well as your bank account.


Foreclosure Demand Letter:  Contact my office immediately, foreclosure attorney has been retained by bank.

Foreclosure Lawsuit:  Contact our office immediately, the lawsuit must be responded to or bank can obtain a judgment against your home.

Foreclosure Motion:  Contact our office immediately, bank is making a request to the court to appoint a person to sell your home.

Foreclosure Sale:  Contact our office immediately so we can assist you in stopping the foreclosure sale if possible. 

Foreclosure Options:

Forbearance:  Pay back your past due payments to the bank in a period of 6 to 12 months.

Modification:  A process in which the bank places all arrears back into the loan and creates a newest payment schedule.

Sell Your Home: A homeowner can sell their home and pay bank in full.

Refinance:  If the homeowner qualifies for a refinance, they can also pay the bank in full.

Short sale: The process in which the homeowner sells the home for less than house is worth. Bank will sometimes approve move out fee.  The Bank, not the homeowner, decides how much the house will be sold for. 

Deed in Lieu:  Homeowner signs his deed over to the bank, in return bank agrees not to foreclose on homeowner or to go after them for any money.

After Foreclosure Sale:

The homeowner becomes the tenant.  After your home is sold, you must be served with a (10) day notice. Then they must file a eviction case against you in landlord tenant court. Contact our firm so we can defend you.  The new owner may provide money to move.  The landlord tenant court may provide 30 to 60 days to move depending on the circumstances.


Purchaser of House


1. Find a home.

2. Advise your realtor Anadel Canale is your attorney (631) 414-7040. Note that although Anadel is a licensed real estate broker, she cannot be your closing attorney and broker in same transaction.

3. Anadel will obtain contract.

4. Anadel will obtain title report make sure home is free of liens.

5. Anadel will prepare home for closing

Seller of House


1. Find a buyer through a realtor or sell yourself.

2. Contact Anadel to prepare your contract of sale (631) 414-7040.  Note that although Anadel is a licensed real estate broker, she cannot be your closing attorney and broker in same transaction 

3. Anadel will forward contract of sale to buyer's attorney.

4. Anadel will review title ordered by buyer.

5. Anadel will schedule the closing.